- The principal annual conference in Canada on the discipline of geography, welcoming papers, panel discussions, workshops, and field trips. Funding in the form of a Student Travel Grant is available to assist our student members to attend.
- The Canadian Geographer, the major academic journal for the discipline in Canada.
- Links to other disciplines.The CAG is a member organization of the Canadian Federation for the Humanities and Social Sciences and the Canadian Federation of Geosciences. These umbrella organizations work directly with the major research-granting councils, and engage in parliamentary lobbying.
- Support for professional certification of geographers working in earth sciences, geomatics, and planning. The CAG monitors certification issues, lobbies on behalf of geographers, and recommends curricula updates to ensure geographers remain eligible for professional certification.
- National linkages. The CAG maintains formal links with the Canadian Council for Geographic Education, the Canadian Geomorphology Research Group, and L’association professionelle des geographes du Quebec.
- International linkages.The CAG has formal links with the International Geographical Union (IGU), and has membership agreements with the American Association of Geographers and the RGS-IBG of Britain.
- Strength in numbers: the more geographers belong to the CAG, the more all members benefit, and the more services we can offer.
We value your participation. See the Membership Benefits.
To obtain a membership form you can:
Use our ONLINE Application.
Download a PDF version and print it.
CAG Membership period is from January 1 through December 31.
To download a pdf copy of this page click here.
To download a pdf copy in brochure format click here.